Eclipse Phase Second Edition is the post-apocalyptic game of transhuman horror. Humanity is enhanced and improved, but also battered and bitterly divided. Technology allows the re-shaping of bodies and minds, but also creates opportunities for oppression and puts the capability for mass destruction in the hands of everyone. And other threats lurk in the devastated habitats of the Fall, dangers both familiar and alien. In this harsh setting, the players participate in a cross-faction conspiracy called Firewall that seeks to protect transhumanity from threats both internal and external.
Along the way, they may find themselves hunting for prized technology in a gutted habitat falling from orbit, risking the hellish landscapes of a ruined earth, or following the trail of a terrorist through militarized stations and isolationist habitats. Characters may even find themselves stepping through a Pandora Gate, a wormhole to distant stars and the alien secrets beyond.
What’s New in EP2?
We focused on improving and simplifying the existing Eclipse Phase system, not re-inventing the wheel. Changes include:
- Faster Character Creation — A package-buy character creation system lets people build characters quickly without missing essentials.
- Streamlined Resleeving — An aptitude-linked pool system means that skills don’t need to be recalculated when a character resleeves (switches bodies).
- Updated Gameplay — We've reduced the number of skills and made them easier to acquire. Gear costs are replaced with a system that works the same whether you are buying gear, acquiring it with rep favors, or nano-fabbing. Combat, hacking, and other systems are also updated.
- Four Sample Teams — Pre-fabbed teams — two firewall teams, a gatecrashing ops team, and a criminal ops team — can be dropped right into a game and serve as examples of balanced parties.
- Redesigned Book — A spread-based organization keeps material close-at-hand with less page-flipping.