The Deathwatch are a widespread Chapter of Space Marines and the Imperium's greatest weapon against the manifold threats posed by countless xenos races. From their hidden bases in orbiting watch fortresses, the Deathwatch despatch carefully selected operatives to hunt down and exterminate alien presences wherever they may be found. Each of these post-human warriors is a veteran of countless battles, tithed by their original Chapter to undertake the Long Vigil with the Deathwatch, guarding against alien incursion. Only the most skilled of xenos-hunters are afforded this honour and, amongst their new battle-brothers, they learn tactics and strategies to slay a wide range of alien races. The Deathwatch are an elite force equipped with a variety of specialist ammunition types, unusual weapons and secret wargear developed to more efficiently cut down their scuttling enemies. They are black-armoured hunters, filled with a righteous detestation for the xenos, and will not rest until the stain of the alien is scoured from the Galaxy.
Inside this 64-page hardback codex, you'll find everything you need to unleash the Deathwatch in battle, plus thrilling lore and art to inspire your own collection.
Inside this book, you'll find:
- The history of the Deathwatch, with a look at how they guard the Imperium against every alien threat – from without and within
- A Deathwatch bestiary with background details for every unit and Character featured
- A showcase of stunningly painted Citadel miniatures
- Rules for Space Marines units that are uniquely available to the Deathwatch
- Rules for fielding mixed units and Kill Teams with different specialisations
- Stratagems, Warlord Traits, the bespoke Xenopurge psychic discipline, Relics of the Deathwatch, and optional secondary objectives that define the ways that the Deathwatch wage war
- Bespoke Crusade rules providing new Agendas, Requisitions, Battle Traits, Honorifics, and Crusade Relics that are unique to the Deathwatch
- And more!
You will need a copy of Codex: Space Marines and the Warhammer 40,000 Core Book to use the rules included in this codex.