Iron Man and Black Panther team up to stop Rhino from rampaging through the streets of New York. Captain Marvel and Spider-Man battle Ultron as he threatens global annihilation. Do you have what it takes to join the ranks of these legendary heroes and become a champion?
Jump into the Marvel Universe with Marvel Champions: The Card Game, a cooperative Living Card Game® for one to four players!
Marvel Champions: The Card Game invites players to embody iconic heroes from the Marvel Universe as they battle to stop infamous villains from enacting their devious schemes.
As a Living Card Game, Marvel Champions is supported with regular releases of new product, including new heroes and scenarios—check out the products section at the bottom of this page to see everything announced so far!
Every game of Marvel Champions invites you to play as an iconic Marvel hero, complete with their own 40-50 card deck. Just one Core Set allows four players to team up with their own heroes, and gives you a complete playset of cards right out of the box!
Once all players have selected their hero, they choose a scenario—taking on a nefarious Marvel villain and their matching scheme. Although each villain brings their own allies and tactics to the scenario, these scenarios can also be customized with additional modular encounters to increase the challenge of a fight or mix up the forces arrayed against you.
Each villain and scheme has multiple forms, shifting the momentum and the rules of the fight as the villain continues to enact their plans and the heroes attempt to defeat them. Let the scheme advance enough times and the heroes will lose the game. But if you can fight through the villain’s various forms and completely deplete their hit points, your team of heroes emerge as champions!
The game is played over a series of rounds consisting of two phases: the player phase and the villain phase. During each player's turn in the player phase, players thwart the villain by taking a variety of actions, including:
- Playing an ally, upgrade, or support card from their hand.
- Using their alter-ego’s basic recovery or their hero’s basic attack or thwart power.
- Using an ally card they control to attack an enemy or thwart a scheme.
- Using an Action ability on a card in play or an event from their hand.
- Asking another play to trigger an Action ability on a card they control.
- Flipping their identity card to its hero or alter-ego form. (This option can only be performed once per turn.)
Although you're a hero at heart, you won't spend the whole game in your hero form. Marvel Champions: The Card Game places just as much emphasis on your character's alter-ego as it does on their heroic identity. Many cards in your deck aren't based on your hero's powers, but on their life outside their costume. As the leader of a nation, T'Challa has unique advantages, compared to the more stealth-and-tech oriented Black Panther. For example, only T'Challa can call on his Ancestral Knowledge (Core Set, 42) to find the proper course of action. But having a life outside the mask also entails a certain sense of danger. Each of these alter-egos has their own obligations and responsibilities that your adversaries can use at the worst possible moment!
As a Living Card Game, Marvel Champions offers frequent releases of product, but the types of products will notably work a little differently compared to our other Living Card Games. Here are some future products you might see coming to Marvel Champions:
- Hero Packs – Each Hero Packs of a cycle will introduce a brand-new hero to play from the Marvel Universe. Each 60 card Hero Pack features a playable hero with a new identity card and a 40 card deck that can be played right out of the pack. Some of the cards in this Hero Pack are specific to the new hero, whereas others can be mixed and matched with the rest of the card pool. As with the heroes in the Core Set, this pack also contains a side quest and rival villain for the featured hero.
- Standalone Scenarios – Standalone Scenario Packs introduce a new scenario, with a new villain and their scheme, to your games of Marvel Champions, complete with its own encounter deck! These scenarios are perfect to purchase when you’re looking to take on a new challenge, and discover a different way to play Marvel Champions: The Card Game.
- Campaign Expansions – The larger campaign expansions introduce a series of three to five linked scenarios that let you live out your favorite comic book stories! These boxes contain both new heroes and villains to expand your game of Marvel Champions!
However you choose to play, Marvel Champions: The Card Game lets you feel the power of a Marvel hero. Can you balance power and responsibility, and save the world in the process?